Minimum quality assurance threshold17/05/2022 2023-12-11 11:35
Minimum quality assurance threshold
Minimum Quality Assurance Threshold, Admission Application Requirements
1. Method 1 (CMC200): Admission based on high school academic results (academic transcripts):
- The minimum score for admission to the Information Technology major is: The total score of three (03) admission subjects is 20 points or more (not including priority points).
- Minimum score for admission applications in Business Administration, Graphic Design, Japanese Language, Korean Language: The total score of three (03) admission subjects is 18 points or more (not including priority points).
2. Method 2 (CMC100): Admission based on the results of the 2023 National High School Exam:
- The threshold to ensure input quality for admission majors based on the results of the National High School Exam will be announced by CMC University on the University’s website according to the 2023 admission roadmap.
- Converting test scores: Candidates can use international foreign language certificates to convert test scores for foreign language subjects, detailed regulations are in Appendix 1:
- Candidates have an IELTS English certificate of 5.0 or higher or other equivalent English certificates;
- Candidates have a JLPT Japanese language certificate of N3 or higher (applicable to the Japanese Language major);
- Candidates have TOPIK Korean language certificate level 4 or higher (applicable to Korean Language major);
3. Method 3 (CMC303): Direct admission according to the admission regulations of the Ministry of Education and Training and according to the admission project of CMC University in 2023:
- Subject TT1: Candidates whose names are on the list of participants in the national team selection exam for the international Olympic competition or international science and technology competition will be considered for direct admission into the field of study appropriate to the exam subject or topic content competition in which the contestant won a prize.
- Subject TT2: Candidates who won first, second, and third prizes in the national excellent student exam; Candidates who win first, second, and third prizes in national science and engineering competitions will be considered for direct admission into majors appropriate to the exam subject or content of the contest topic for which the candidate won the prize.
- Subject TT3: Other subjects subject to direct admission as required in Article 8 of Circular 08/2022/TT-BGDDT.
- Subject TT4: Candidates who win first, second, and third prizes in the exam to select excellent students or the Science and Technology competition at the provincial and city level in the years from 2020 to 2023 will be considered for direct admission. The field of study is appropriate to the exam subject or the content of the exam topic for which the candidate won the prize.
- Subject TT5: Candidates who are specialized students of specialized high schools in provinces/cities with combined admission scores based on academic transcripts of 24.00 points or more (not including priority scores) can register for consideration. Direct admission to majors with specialized subjects in the admission combination. Particularly, students in the specialized Informatics class who meet the above conditions can apply for direct admission to all training majors.
- Subject TT6: Candidates with one of the following certificates:
- Candidates have international certificates: SAT – Scholastic Assessment Test; ACT – American College Testing; IB – International Baccalaureate; A-Level – Cambridge International Examinations A-Level; ATAR – Australian Tertiary Admission Rank. Other international certificates will be considered and approved by the Admissions Council on a case-by-case basis (see details in Appendix 2);
- Candidates have a certificate of being transfer students from other universities: the university the student is studying in is in the Top 1000 according to the 2023 Times Higher Education (THE) rankings.
- Subject TT7: Candidates with one of the following foreign language certificates:
- English certificate IELTS 6.0 or higher or equivalent (refer to equivalent conversion in Appendix 3);
- A Korean language certificate of TOPIK4 or higher is considered for direct admission into the Korean Language major;
- A Japanese language certificate of N3 (JLPT) or higher is considered for direct admission into the Japanese Language major.